Factors to Consider
You are seeking a new e-commerce platform to build your online store. Or maybe, you might be on a mission to upgrade your current shopping cart with the latest technology. After initial research, you realize e-commerce platform selection processes can be daunting.
Even brief online research brings dozens, even hundreds, of e-commerce platforms options, and online shopping cart applications, including:
- On-premise software
- Cloud platforms,
- Open source
- Commercial, off-the-shelf, or best-of-breed products.
There are also multiple solutions for small, mid-market and enterprise retail environments. Many factors determine the ideal platform for your business.
How Can Eradium Help?
Starting with a comprehensive business requirements review, we help you find the ideal commerce platform to enhance your unique marketing strategy.
To complete this phase, we apply the Eradium eCommerce Technology Selection Framework. Collaboratively, we capture, then analyze requirements in each of the following categories:
- Ideal shopper experience goals for desktop and mobile devices
- Store catalog size and complexity rationalization
- Projected online traffic and transactional volumes
- Content and product maintenance objectives
- Product catalog search strategies
- Online personalization methodology
- Payment methods and gateways
- Shipping and return options
- Order fulfillment process
- Inventory management and integration with other channels
- Customer service delivery
- Product promotion planning
- Marketing communication roadmap
- Integration with CRM
- Multi-channel marketing automation
After assessing your requirements against the selected platform, we prepare carefully scored evaluation and budget estimates for each project stage:
- Migration from the existing platform
- Ongoing store operation and maintenance activities
We review the results with you and help make informed decisions about adopting your ideal platform.
For clients with advanced and complex requirements, we help:
- Prepare formal requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Interview and qualify vendors
- Complete vendor due diligence
- Negotiate licensing and/or subscriptions contracts
- Mediate Service level agreements (SLAs).