Today, online customers have many options for where to shop. An e-tailer’s ability to provide a superior online shopping experience is critical to conversion rates of browsers to buyers. A great eCommerce web design powered by a robust technology platform can earn your company lasting customer loyalty.
Factors to Consider
Answer the following question to select the right eCommerce architecture:
- How large/complex is the product catalog?
- How many categories, products, and/or stock-keeping units (SKUs) are in it?
- Can the catalog include different types of products with different attributes?
- Can a single product or subcategory exist in multiple categories?
- How sophisticated do you need the e-store search functionality?
- How many order transactions is the store expected to handle on average?
- How many daily visitors will come to the site to generate the desired order volume?
- How many page views per visit does each visitor make?
- During peak hours, how much traffic and page view volume will occur during peak hours?
- How many users will be visiting the site concurrently at peak times?
- What other in-store and online systems must be connected in real-time or with regular data exchange?
How Can Eradium Help?
Eradium experts help you select the right ecommerce technology architecture. While BigCommmerce, Shopify and Woocommerce implementations have common major phases, their specific activities, tasks, and skills involved are very different. We have platform-specific implementation techniques to assist your business better.
Site and Store Structure
We create a tailored e-commerce site structure, considering factors like:
- Supported currencies and languages
- Catalog complexity (categories and hierarchy levels)
- Types of product and non-product content
- Catering to both wholesalers and retail customers
Store Design and Shopper Experience
We craft user experience design based on insightful analysis, focusing on:
- Your corporate branding
- Your target audience
- Desktop or mobile shopping preferences
- Visual customization requirements
- Availability of product assets (photos, videos)
- An optimized shopping experience leads to higher conversion rates.
Store Catalog Structure and Onsite Search
Catalog Structure and Onsite Search Made Easy
At this stage, we focus on creating a user-friendly product catalog structure tailored to your business, ensuring customers can easily find the right products.
Whether you’re a fashion retailer, an electronics merchant, or a specialized baby store, we design customized category and subcategory levels to suit your needs. On-site search is a crucial component of e-commerce sites, and studies show that conversion rates are 4-5 times higher for users who utilize it.
Our approach includes planning effective visitor navigation, optimizing search capabilities, and enhancing external search engine experiences. Our e-commerce experts recommend the best on-site search logic, indexing, and delivery models to support your catalog size and search volume expectations.
Shopping Cart and Checkout
We design a seamless shopping cart and checkout process, including:
- Support for various product types
- Cross-selling and upselling options
- Coupon codes and promotions
- Multiple checkout options
- Shipping and payment integrations
- Gift card payments
External Systems Integration
Seamless External Systems Integration
We create a comprehensive integration plan, including a road map, architectural specifications, and guiding principles, to ensure smooth collaboration between your e-commerce platform and external systems.
Our e-commerce solution design accommodates seamless integration with systems such as order management, accounting, ERP, CRM, email marketing, and marketing automation. We ensure that the e-commerce back-end supports a consistent shopping experience across web, mobile, and social platforms.
Depending on your requirements, we offer both real-time integration through web services and non-real-time integration with scheduled data exchange processes.
Hosting and Site Management Architecture
We collaborate with our hosting partners to provide:
- Adequate server resources
- Efficient content and database storage
- Page caching and auto-scaling
- Top-notch security and backup solutions
Our goal is to deliver a fast, secure, and scalable e-commerce site that exceeds your customers’ expectations.
What are the common mistakes of eCommerce implementations?
eCommerce requires sophisticated systems that touch core retail business processes and require investment in software, server or hosting infrastructure, staffing, and training.
Clear priorities of customization requirements help to prevent scope creep, budget overrun and major project delays.
Mismatch between your unique retail operations and e-commerce technology architecture would create unmanageable complexity almost immediately after launch which will lead to inefficient and expensive e-commerce operations.
You cannot predict all your future requirements. The secret to Amazon’s success is an internal architecture that allows adaptation to changing business needs which fueled its evolution from an online book store to the largest online marketplace.
Ecommerce operation is a business-critical part of retail business. The testing and quality assurance minimizes the risk of major flows in the user experience, transaction processing, or backend operations. The time and effort required for testing depend on the size and complexity of the platform customization.