15 Dec, 2019Online Store Merchants January 2020 Checklist
Welcome to another New Year. Now that all the holiday sales and commotion are done, it is time to start planning the year ahead. January is traditionally a quiet month so it makes it a perfect time for planning and doing key updates to your online store.
- Update all your Copyright information on your store site and email templates to 2020.
- Review your privacy, payment, return and terms policies to consider any new regulations and change dates to 2020.
- Remove any holiday promotions that are still running on your site.
- Refresh the Home page with new images to reflect the New Year and new trends.
Even if you have no new products it is a good idea to update the product images on the home page for those who have the page bookmarked to spark new interest.
- Have at least 2-3 new or updated products to feature in the New Year, to acquire new and re-engage repeat customers.
- Create a marketing calendar for the next 6 months, including social and emails. Don’t forget to include major holidays and events.
- Start introducing your spring merchandise and start pre-orders for upcoming products.
- Remove any discontinued products but make sure to redirect those old URLs to another product so there are no 404 errors from the old pages that might be indexed in Google.
- Double-check inventory and make sure the information is up to date on the website.
- Upgrade your email pop up window. It is one of the most important marketing tools that you have, the more emails you collect the better your marketing efforts will be through the year.
- The Average Website Conversion Rate by Industry (updated November 2018), https://www.invespcro.com/blog/the-average-website-conversion-rate-by-industry/
- The Plague of Ecommerce Return Rates and How to Maintain Profitability, https://www.shopify.com/enterprise/ecommerce-returns