Geotargeting is the practice of customizing an advertisement for a product or service to a specific market based on the geographic location of potential buyers. Every country, province, state, county or city in the world can constitute a niche market for certain products or services at certain times. (1).
Examples How Geo Targeting Can Help in eCommerce
Display free shipping banners to your local customers.
Let’s say you run an online store in Los Angeles city. Now certainly it costs much less to deliver goods from your online store to customers in Los Angeles or say in the state of California overall compared to other US states. However, your online store is so excellent, that you get customers buying products from all over the United States. What if you could take serious advantage of your local Los Angeles customers while not disturbing sales from customers in other US states?
Geo-targeting is your answer. A simple example would be to display a free shipping coupon only to visitors from California. This tactic can easily be achieved using Geolify’s ‘Geo Content’ tool where you can show banners on your website only to visitors from a particular country and state. Just think of how this can improve your conversion rate for Californian’ customers. As soon as they see a free shipping coupon, the chance of them carrying out a sale will quadruple. (2)
Other geo-targeting e-commerce practices
- Display store address to your local customers
- Display location specific offers using a single banner to save web space
- Present pricing based on visitor country
- Change language based on viewers country
- Adjust tax rates based on online shopper country
- Geotargeting, http://searchcrm.techtarget.com/definition/geotargeting
- 8 Ways Geo Targeting Can Help An E-Commerce Store, https://geolify.com/8-ways-geo-targeting-can-help-an-e-commerce-store/